The Social Media Manager will lead the proactive and reactive strategy and execution of our digital presence and social media presence and engagement for all of the corporate brands and services with the goal of protecting and building our corporate reputation. This position reports to the Vice President for Business Development & Technology and will collaborate and work with the editorial, marketing, advertising and circulation departments on their respective strategies and needs.
Create a social media strategy for all brands to maximize audience and drive web traffic.
Create timely and engaging photo, written and video content with a voice unique to each brand.
Serve as a community manager, develop engaging content, moderate daily posts, develop and implement promotions and giveaways.
Understand post frequency, targeting, engagement from the perspective of a media company.
An understanding or willingness to learn the higher education, business, and healthcare markets.
Statistically analyze posts to quantify success and failure of various strategies.
Communicate social strategy with all members of the editorial teams.
Work with other teams within the company to execute sales programs.
Create an ongoing archive of existing evergreen content.
Work with partners to extend social reach.
Keep the brands current with social media trends and tools.
Stay on top of changes and trends to the social media platforms, giving consistent feedback to the respective teams.
Develop strategies to increase social engagement through paid programs.
Manage paid social reach initiatives.
Collaborate with the circulation department to implement and test promotions to drive magazine subscriptions.
University south of Boston in need of Junior IT project manager for six month assignment helping three person IT Project Management Office by assisting with small projects. The Junior IT Project Manager is responsible for supporting institution-wide projects, as well as planning and coordinating all related activities for Information Technology projects that will vary in size, scope, and complexity. The Junior Project Manager will develop and implement projects while adhering to the university's methodology.
1. Manage and develop projects from the idea generation/feasibility stages through project implementation.
2. Perform initial feasibility study and requirements discovery prior to the formation of a project.
3. Develop and maintain effective and efficient communication with the project sponsor(s) and project team.
4. Ensure that project objectives, scope, cost, & expected deliverables projects are understood and delivered.
5. Ensure the project team members understand and complete their specific role, responsibilities, and tasks.
6. Lead project teams to effectively address project requirements according to the charter, schedule, & budget.
7. Responsible for developing project charters, schedules, and budgets for approval, oversight, and delivery.
8. Document and maintain project work plans, meetings, decisions, change orders, deliverables, progress reports, schedules and other project artifacts.
9. Facilitate communication of project status, budget, costs, issues, and related information to project team leader(s), project sponsor(s), steering committee(s), affected business unit(s), and project team members.
10. Perform project closeout review to ensure projects meet expectations and identify areas for improvement.
11. Assist project sponsors in defining project scope, objectives, cost, and timeline.
12. Actively supports the University's initiatives for Diversity and Social Justice.
1. Project management experience in a Higher Education or Non-Profit environment.
2. Project Management Professional Certification.