This is a unique position at a Boston university that focuses on the person and the solution while representing ITS.
The purpose of TC position is to leverage technical knowledge with exemplary communication and interpersonal skills to assist customers in their daily interaction with technology. This position is responsible for providing local technical support, technical consulting, and technical communications in a designated work unit, while maintaining positive relationships with faculty and staff.
As a member of the 24 Technology Consultants team, this position also supports colleagues who support the other departments at the university. The Technology Consultant also assists with implementing and maintaining University hardware, software, and networking standards; collaborates with other ITS colleagues regarding issues requiring more specialized technical skills; monitors the completion of problems including the escalation to specific IT areas; works with the trouble ticketing database to ensure the highest level of customer service for members of the work unit; assesses the technology needs of the work unit and makes recommendations to address the developmental needs of the group; supervises the students assigned to provide technology support to the area; creates and maintains documentation as necessary; and provides consultation on technology purchase decisions as needed. This position assists with security incident reporting or investigation when required.
The Technology Consultants are also responsible for establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with departmental representatives to ensure that a high level of technology support and service is delivered. Requirements * Must have proven competencies to work in a team environment that aspires to service excellence with strong individual organizational, planning and communication skills.
Occasional weekend and evening work is required in the event of system failures or for special projects.
Superior customer service skills and experience; excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to work effectively and respectfully with a diverse group of users with varying degrees of experience; ability to work well independently and as a member of a team.
Strong technical and analytical skills, and the ability to quickly learn new technologies.
Fluent knowledge of and substantial trouble-shooting experience with Microsoft Operating Systems (Windows 7 , 8.1, 10), Macintosh OS X, and Windows Server 2008/2012. Expertise with MS Server OU and Active Directory management, security and maintenance tools, plus the ability to write, manage and deploy GPOs to manage workstations is a must.
Fluency with a wide range of software including Microsoft Office suite, browser software, and HTML editing software. Experience with database applications (FileMaker Pro, Oracle, MySQL and MS Access) is a plus.
Experience with workstation imaging software such as Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, Altiris, and DeployStudio for Apple.
Experience with web page design, development, and maintenance.
Education and Experience:
Associate level requires: Bachelor's degree plus 1 year of technical support exp
Staff level requires: Bachelor's degree plus 3 years of technical support exp
Senior level requires: Bachelor's degree plus 5 years of technical support exp
University south of Boston in need of Junior IT project manager for six month assignment helping three person IT Project Management Office by assisting with small projects. The Junior IT Project Manager is responsible for supporting institution-wide projects, as well as planning and coordinating all related activities for Information Technology projects that will vary in size, scope, and complexity. The Junior Project Manager will develop and implement projects while adhering to the university's methodology.
1. Manage and develop projects from the idea generation/feasibility stages through project implementation.
2. Perform initial feasibility study and requirements discovery prior to the formation of a project.
3. Develop and maintain effective and efficient communication with the project sponsor(s) and project team.
4. Ensure that project objectives, scope, cost, & expected deliverables projects are understood and delivered.
5. Ensure the project team members understand and complete their specific role, responsibilities, and tasks.
6. Lead project teams to effectively address project requirements according to the charter, schedule, & budget.
7. Responsible for developing project charters, schedules, and budgets for approval, oversight, and delivery.
8. Document and maintain project work plans, meetings, decisions, change orders, deliverables, progress reports, schedules and other project artifacts.
9. Facilitate communication of project status, budget, costs, issues, and related information to project team leader(s), project sponsor(s), steering committee(s), affected business unit(s), and project team members.
10. Perform project closeout review to ensure projects meet expectations and identify areas for improvement.
11. Assist project sponsors in defining project scope, objectives, cost, and timeline.
12. Actively supports the University's initiatives for Diversity and Social Justice.
1. Project management experience in a Higher Education or Non-Profit environment.
2. Project Management Professional Certification.